Save a Life!
Hospets is an all-volunteer, private, non-profit organization. Most of our operating budget comes from people like you. Your donation can help us be sure senior- owned pets are receiving the care they need so that the pets can keep providing the physical and emotional benefits to their families.
All donations to Hospets are tax deductible!
Corporate Matching Gifts
A matching Corporate gift can often double or triple your donation, and all matching support is credited to you. Contact your company’s personnel or human resources office to find out if your employer, or your spouse’s employer, has a matching gift program. Then simply complete the relevant section of the matching gift form and enclose it with your gift.
Hospets welcomes gifts of tangible personal property that can be used to further the organization’s mission. By donating items like equipment, automobiles, artwork, or rare books, donors not only reduce their taxable estate; they also reduce taxable income in the year of the gift. Donors and their tax advisors assign a fair market value to the gift for tax purposes.
Naming Hospets as the owner or beneficiary of a life insurance policy is a good way to make a large donation to the rescue at nominal cost to you. Premiums paid for policies are tax-free.
Bequests and Planned Gifts
Planned Giving is a gift vehicle that allows you to donate via a trust, an annuity, or, most commonly, a bequest. Including Hospets in your will can establish a permanent family legacy and provide tax benefits, a life income benefit, or other favorable estate arrangements. Your own tax advisor, attorney, or estate planning professional can help you determine the best way for you to make a gift to Hospets.
Lastly, outright gifts of cash, checks, securities, stocks, and tangible assets transfer immediately to Hospets, to support the needs of the organization. Bequests and planned gifts can operate over the long term, allowing you the power to plan far into the future.
We thank all those donors and strive to make giving options both flexible and convenient. We simply cannot do this important lifesaving work with out you. Each and every dollar donated goes to assist senior citizens and the pets they love. Earmark your donation for a specific use or project and we will make sure you get a full report of how your dollars were used.
Kroger Community Rewards Program
Go Shopping and Support Hospets
Kroger has a charitable giving program called “Neighbor to Neighbor.” It gives back to your charity of choice (HOSPETS) for each dollar earned on your Kroger Plus Card. It doesn’t cost you anything and you do NOT lose your plus card discounts by enrolling in this program.
To use the Kroger Community Rewards Program and earn easy cash benefitting hospets: enroll online (Kroger rewards card mst be renewed every april 1st or your charity will stop receiving money!!):
- Go to https://www.kroger.com/communityrewards. Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with your organization after you sign up. If you do not yet have a Kroger Plus card, they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger store.
- Click on Create Account.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email. Follow the instructions in your email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter NPO number (HOSPETS’ charity code number is VK814) or name of organization, select organization from list and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
Remember, purchases will not count for your group until after your member(s) register their card(s).
Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 877-576-7587 to get your Kroger Plus card number. Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
Thank you very much for your support!
Kroger Community Rewards Program
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.